SS Thornfinn is an old ice class antartic whaler boat, which has been converted in a very confortable diving boat. He offers a lot of space to its 22 guests, with a rich entertainment to having fun between two dives.
The Thorfinn is a 58 Metre (170ft) steel dive yacht, built and powered for comfort, safety and stability. She was built in Norway in 1954 as an Ice Class Whaler. In 1977 she was converted into an utility charter cruiser in Vancouver, then she was upgraded in Cairns, Australia in 1995. In 2005 and 2008 she had majors repair and replacement in Batangas, Philippines.
She is a steamboat and can cruise at 16 knots and has 110/220 volt power on board.
The Thorfinn sleeps up to 20 guests in privacy and comfort.
The main deck (deck D) has a large air conditioned dining-area with bookcase.
The upper deck (deck C) has a beautiful air conditioned salon with a TV/DVD, computer station, a stereo player and an assortment of movies, CDs and books. The outdoor area has chairs and a hot tub for relaxation.
The bridge deck (deck B) is partially shaded and has chaise longues.
The dive deck is spacious and well equipped with personal gear boxes, an in-place fill station, a camera table with low pressure air hose and electrical sockets, rinse tank and freshwater showers.
The Thorfinn has 10 comfortable staterooms.
All cabins have AC and TV/DVD.
Upper deck (deck C)
1 Twin Guest Room (no 11): Two twin beds, shared head and separate shared shower, window.
2 Double Guest Rooms (no 9 & 10): Double bed and single bed, shared head and separate shared shower, window.
Main deck (deck D)
Thor’s Lair: Kingsize bed, large head with shower, table, chair, windows
1 Double Guest Room (no 3): Double bed and single bed, private head with shower.
Lower deck (deck E)
- 5 Double Guest Rooms (no 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8): Double bed and single bed, private head with shower, porthole.
5 dives per day including night dive.
Weights, weight belts and 80 cu. ft. (12l) aluminium tanks with standard yoke valves are included.
All dives are guided by professionals and from two (30ft) heavy aluminium, covered tender boats.
- Nitrox available: Included depending on the package.
- Technical Diving: Customised gas, banded double tanks with ISO manifolds, pony bottles of various sizes and 6 sets of custom rebreather cylinders. Helium and 'sorb' on request. Rate on request and must be booked in advance.
- 100 cu.ft (15l) tanks available : Rate on request and must be booked in advance.
- Rental Dive Equipment Available： $40 per day or $200 per week.
- Dive Insurance： Mandatory.
- Travel Insurance: Recommended.
- Wi-Fi Internet Available： Yes.
- Payment on board： By cash (USD only), traveler’s cheque or credit card.
- Crew gratuities : Not included, an average is 5 to 10% of your cruise price depending upon your satisfaction.
- Other: Optional Valet system of personal gear setup, breakdown, and stowage, by your boat crew. Under-seat personal gear bins in dive boats and also aboard ship are available if so desired. Optional camera valet transport from tables to boats, rinsing, and redelivery to tables post dive.
Cabins & prices
- Air tanks & weights & weight belts
- Land transfer on arrival/depature date
- All meals & complimentary beverages (water & tea & coffee)
- Dive guide service
- Fuel surcharge
- Dinner on final evening
- Land tour & Island visit
- Boat accident insurance
- Alcoholic beverages (beer or/and wine)
- Soft drinks in bottles and/or cans
- Dive courses on board
- Crew gratuity
- Dive equipment rentals
- Dive insurance
- Travel insurance ( cancellation insurance)
- Larger tank (15 L)
- Nitrox fills
- Marine park fees/Port fees
|Facilities||Internet, Jacuzzi, Rebreathe Friendly|