The Junk is currently running by a professional dive team under the Siren Fleet, it offers a regular 7D/6N and 5D/4N trip in the Similan Islands during the diving season, it can host up to 18 guests.
The Junk is a 33 meteres long, 8.5 meteres wide Motor Sailing yacht, cruise at 8 knots and has 2 tenders (one with 40hp, 4.20 meters long, the other one with 60hp, 5.80 meters long).
The Junk was built in Penang, Malaysia in 1962 for charcoal transportation that traded up and down the coastline from Burma to Malaysia. It was mainly used to transport mango wood charcoal till 1985 then she was restored and redesigned for the first time to serve as a classic yacht. In 1997 the boat changed owners and it was completely restored and set up as a liveaboard vessel.
The Junk features a cozy indoor air-conditioned lounge on the main deck, with comfortable sofa sittings, dining tables & charis, cocktail & snack bar, TV, DVD, library of movies, books and CDs.
Out side of the lounge there is also an outdoor open deck area, with charis and chaise, it can be shaded by canvas during the day and offer a nice cooling area for relaxation.
The dive deck is located just outside of the indoor lounge on the main deck, well equipped with personal gear lockers and in place fill station.
The Junk is completely renovated and can carry up to 18 guests per trip :
All cabins are fully air-conditioned and have their own hot water shower and toilet en-suite.
2 Double Cabins:
Located on the lower deck, with one double bed, no window or porthole.
2 Triple Cabins:
Located on the lower deck, with 3 bunk style single beds, no window or porthole. (This cabin also can be sold as so called Shared Twins and can also be turned into a Private Double Bed with supplement fee)
2 Quad Cabins:
Located on the lower deck, with 4 bunk style single beds, no window or porthole. (This cabin also can be sold as so called Shared Twins with supplement fee)
Similan route: 7 Days / 6 Nights (19 Dives)
Similan route: 5 Days / 4 Nights (14 Dives)
All diving will provide expericed guide to lead the dive.
- Nitrox：Available with additional cost
- 15L Tanks：Available with additional cost
- REBREATHER Dive：Not available at the moment
- Dive Equipment Rental：Available with additonal cost，must book in advance
- Dive insurance：Divers travelling aboard must have valid dive insurance
- Wi-Fi Internet ：Not available at the moment
- Laundry Service：Not available at the moment
- Massage Service：Available with additional cost
- Payment on board：By cash (THB/Euro/USD/AUD/NZD/GBP) ONLY
- Crew Number：12, include 3 - 4 dive guides
Cabins & prices
- Air tanks & weights & weight belts
- Land transfer on arrival/depature date
- All meals & complimentary beverages (water & tea & coffee)
- Soft drinks in bottles and/or cans
- Dive guide service
- Fuel surcharge
- Dinner on final evening
- Land tour & Island visit
- Boat accident insurance
- Domestic flights
- Alcoholic beverages (beer or/and wine)
- Dive courses on board
- Crew gratuity
- Dive equipment rentals
- Dive insurance
- Travel insurance ( cancellation insurance)
- Larger tank (15 L)
- Nitrox fills
- Marine park fees/Port fees