Thai Sea is a comfortable lower budget liveaboard that sailing out to Myanmar as well as Similan Islands in Thailand during the diving season, it can host up to 12 guests per trip.
Thai Sea formerly known as "Smiling Seahorse". It is a 6 meters wide and 20 meters long professional dive liveaboard, and only host maximum of 12 divers aboard each trip, it offers a smooth and safe ride to its lucky guests.
Thai Sea‘s most recent refurbished was in November 2013, but it fllow a regular yearly check-up and update.
Thai Sea is in perfect condition and offers a large open dining area/communal and relaxing area towards the stern of the vessel on the upper deck. This is a place where you may take shelter from the sun, read a book, or have a cup of tea or coffee in between dives. This is also the area of the vessel where you will find the Barbeque at certain times and the TV, DVD and entertainment.
There’s also a huge sun deck with mastresses for snoozing in the sea breeze.
Thai Sea will departs from Ranong, which is further north on Thailand’s west coast, on the Thai/Myanmar border. So the boat has the advantage to run shorter trips that the Phuket based boats can't offer.
For guests coming from Bangkok, Surat Thani, or Chumphon who want to save time and money, this boat can be the best choice. While for those coming from Phuket, will be more difficult to reach Ranong than to Khao Lak.
Thai Sea has 6 cabins in total, can accomodate 12 guest onboard.
All cabin use fresh air and fans instead of air-conditioning.
All cabin use shared bathroom.
5 Twin Cabins: with two single beds (bunk style)
1 Double Cabin: with a double bed
Shared Bathrooms: There are 2 bathrooms with hot shower + 2 sun heated showers at the back of the boat + 3 toilets.
Up to 4 dives per day, depending on the sea conditions/route.
No dive provided on the day of arrival, 1 to 3 dives on the departure day.
All diving will provide expericed guide to lead the dive.
- Nitrox：Available with additional cost
- 15L Tanks：Available with additional cost
- REBREATHER Dive：Not available at the moment
- Dive Equipment Rental：Available, rate on request, must book in advance
- Dive insurance：Divers travelling aboard must have valid dive insurance
- Wi-Fi Internet ：Not available at the moment
- Laundry Service：Not available at the moment
- Massage Service：Not available at the moment
- Payment on board：By cash (THB/USD) ONLY
- Crew Number： Unknown, include 2 to 3 dive guides
Cabins & prices
- Air tanks & weights & weight belts
- Land transfer on arrival/depature date
- All meals & complimentary beverages (water & tea & coffee)
- Soft drinks in bottles and/or cans
- Dive guide service
- Fuel surcharge
- Dinner on final evening
- Land tour & Island visit
- Boat accident insurance
- Domestic flights
- Alcoholic beverages (beer or/and wine)
- Dive courses on board
- Crew gratuity
- Dive equipment rentals
- Dive insurance
- Travel insurance ( cancellation insurance)
- Larger tank (15 L)
- Nitrox fills
- Marine park fees/Port fees