Shear Water is a special liveaboard vessel, it provides shark expeditions all around the Bahamas for 3 to 9 nights from Lake Park, Florida, USA. It can accommodates 10 guests only.
Shear Water is a USCG and Bahamas inspected 19 meters long liveaboard vessel. It was custom designed with guests in mind it has all the comforts of home. The professional Captains and crew provide the best vacation experience possible, and do it at the most reasonable price available.
Shear Water can only accommodates 10 guests and 4 crew members each trip, with limited guests onboard, the vacation will be comfortable and intimate, and the route are very flexible in the type of scuba diving you might like to do and the places you want to go.
Shear Water runs on two 30 KW generators, supplying 110V service throughout the boat for your convenience with several charging stations in the salon as well as in every bunk for batteries and computers.
In the saloon, there is also a 36″ flatscreen LCD TV with DVD/MP3 player and stereo system with surround sound, camera table and charging stations.
The dive deck has custom dive seats, tank racks and dive platform with bins for personal dive gear, stowed under dive seats, fresh water rinse hose on back deck with soap and shampoo.
Shear Water provides expeditions offer intimate, cage-free encounters in the Bahamas with a variety of small and large sharks. These species include reef, nurse, lemon, tiger, great hammerhead and oceanic white-tip sharks etc. These trips are specially geared towards professional photographers and videographers, and the crew are delighted to assist guests in setting up the perfect shot.
Shear Water offering the sleeping quarters include four areas for up to 10 guests :
All are air-conditioned with bed linens and towels are supplied, all use shared bathroom.
3 Twin Cabins :
Each cabin comes with an upper and lower berth with storage under the lower berth.
1 Quad Cabin :
Located in the bow area, it has two sets of upper and lower berths with privacy curtains for each bunk.
2 Shared Bathrooms :
For shared use, each comes with toilet and shower. Soap, shampoo and conditioner are provided.
A minimum of OW with 75 dives is required.
Most days have unlimited diving as long as no deco.
Some days with deepr reef, 3 – 5 dives will be provided.
No dive provided on the day of arrival and departure.
There will be no dive guides, unless shark dives or deep dives.
- Nitrox：Available with additional surcharge.
- 15L Tanks： Limited available with additional cost
- REBREATHER Dive：Not available at the moment.
- Technical Dive：Not available at the moment.
- Dive Equipment Rental：Available with additional charge
- Dive insurance：Divers must have valid dive insurance
- Wi-Fi Internet ：Not available at the moment.
- Laundry Service：Not available at the moment.
- Massage Service：Not available at the moment.
- Payment on board：By cash (USD only)
- Crew Number：4 crew, max. 1 - 2 guide(s)
Cabins & prices
- Air tanks & weights & weight belts
- Daily housekeeping service
- All meals & complimentary beverages (water & tea & coffee)
- Soft drinks in bottles and/or cans
- Dive guide service
- Dinner on final evening
- Land tour & Island visit
- Boat accident insurance
- Domestic flights
- Land transfer on arrival/depature date
- Alcoholic beverages (beer or/and wine)
- Crew gratuity
- Dive equipment rentals
- Dive insurance
- Travel insurance ( cancellation insurance)
- Fuel surcharge
- Larger tank (15 L)
- Nitrox fills
- Marine park fees/Port fees