Ocean Hunter III is a luxury boat offering Palau Diving Liveaboard to dive the best places as renowned as Blue Corner, German Channel, Peleliu and with the guarantee of freedom onboard. This boat is considered as the MOST experienced in the area.
The Ocean Hunter III is a 29 Metre (96ft) steel dive yacht built and powered for comfort, safety and stability. She is twin diesel-powered and can cruise at 9 knots and has 110/220 volt power on board.
The Ocean Hunter III, previously named RV Lady Basten, was launched in 1978 and intended primarily for operation in the waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Then she operated as a research vessel with the Australian Institute of Maritime Science (AIMS) and travelled over a million kilometres from Ningaloo to Fraser Island, Timor to Papua New Guinea, over more than 7,500 days. In 2007 the Lady Basten became the Ocean Hunter III and started her journey to Cebu, where she was refitted and renovated prior to return to Palau in 2008.
Ocean Hunter III is designed for professional underwater photography, TV and Film production.
The Ocean Hunter III sleeps up to 16 guests in privacy and comfort.
The main deck has a beautiful air conditioned salon with a TV/DVD/CD/VCR with support for PAL, SECAM and NTSC, a computer station for movie and video editing with download, email and CD burning services, a stereo player and an assortment of movies, CDs, playing cards and books. There is a large dining room with an espresso machine, a minibar and a flat screen TV. The galley is adjacent to the salon.
The upper deck is partially shaded and has chaise longues, chairs and two hot tubs for relaxation.
The dive deck is spacious and well equipped with personal gear boxes, an in-place fill station and a semi-dry gear room with camera tables and 415/220/110V outlets.
The aft of the dive deck is equipped with an exit ladder.
The 35ft tender boat is shaded and easily accessible from the platform.
The Ocean Hunter III has 8 comfortable staterooms.
All cabins have private head with shower, closet, desk, hair dryer and individual AC.
- 2 Master Staterooms (no 7 & 8): Kingsize bed and a twin bed, TV/DVD, port windows.
3 Deluxe Staterooms (no 3, 4 & 6): Kingsize bed (lower) and a twin bed (upper) bunk-style, no porthole.
3 Standard Staterooms (no 1, 2 & 5): Queensize bed (lower) and a twin bed (upper) bunk-style, no porthole.
5 dives per day (3 dives on the first day) including night dive.
Weights, weight belts, and 12l aluminium tanks with standard yoke and DIN valves are included.
All dives are guided by professionals and from the tender boat.
- Nitrox: $199 / 7days diving or $285 /10 days diving or $340 / 12 days diving.
- Trimix and Rebreather: Rate on request and must be booked in advance.
- 15l tanks : Rate on request and must be booked in advance.
- Rental Dive Equipment: Rate on request and must be booked in advance.
- Dive Insurance： Mandatory.
- Travel Insurance: Recommended.
- Wi-Fi Internet Available： No.
- Payment on board： By cash only: USD.
- Crew gratuities : Not included, an average is 7.5 to 10% of your cruise price depending upon your satisfaction.
- Other: Kayak, fishing, land tour and laundry: for fee.
- Disability Diver Friendly : An Instructor is trained to work with blind divers. Annually they cater for a group of deaf divers.
- Special Equipment: Twin generators for high voltage equipment demand / 1.6 tons hydraulic crane offers lifting capacity for most ROV’s, underwater cameras and Mini-subs / Enclosed and Air conditioned lab for scientific research and film productions/ Underwater Scooter / 1200 Watt HMI lights to back-light corals, UV Filters, caves and wrecks.
Cabins & prices
- Air tanks & weights & weight belts
- Land transfer on arrival/depature date
- All meals & complimentary beverages (water & tea & coffee)
- Dive guide service
- Fuel surcharge
- Dinner on final evening
- Land tour & Island visit
- Boat accident insurance
- Alcoholic beverages (beer or/and wine)
- Soft drinks in bottles and/or cans
- Crew gratuity
- Dive equipment rentals
- Dive insurance
- Travel insurance ( cancellation insurance)
- Nitrox fills
- Marine park fees/Port fees
|Facilities||Camera station, Jacuzzi, Rebreathe Friendly, Laundry|