Cheng Ho is a typical Indonesian Phinisi Buginese Schooner runs by Sea Safari Fleet, it offers dive liveaboard trips in Komodo and Alor area in Indonesia. It can hosts up to 24 guests.
Cheng Ho is a 33.15 meters long, 10.65 meters wide Indonesian Phinisi Buginese Schooner, made of Ulin wood, origially built in 1996, it has 3 engines and cruise between 7 to 10 knots/hour.
The Bugisese schooners or Phinisis have been handcrafted in the South Sulawesi traditions of the Bugis master carpenters with ulin, or ironwood. In the old day these boats were pure sailing boats and consequently they were sometimes becalmed in windless seas for weeks on end. Since the late sixties virtually all of them have been motorized.
Cheng Ho features a beautiful roomy air conditioned salon/dining room on the main deck, with a flat screen TV, DVD player, computer/camera station, a stereo player and an assortment of movies, CDs and books. There is also a chiller show case with 1 glass door for soft drink and fruits.
The upper deck is partially shaded and has sofas and tables. And for those who enjoy the sun is a top sun deck with chaise longues.
The dive deck located at the front of the main deck, it is spacious and well equipped with personal gear lockers, an in place-fill station and a camera table with low pressure hose.
Cheng Ho has 14 guests cabins, and it can hosts up to 24 guests in privacy and comfort:
All cabins have private bathroom, air conditioner, storage area, comfortable bedding.
3 Double Bed Cabins:
Located on the upper deck, with a double bed, port window.
4 Single Bed Cabins:
Located on the main deck, with a large single bed, port window.
3 Double Bed Cabins:
Located on the lower deck, with a double bed, porthole.
4 Twin Bed Cabins:
Located on the lower deck, with two single beds, porthole.
up to 4 dives per day, depending on conditions and route.
2 dives the day before disembarking depends on the flights
No dive provided on the day of arrival and departure.
All diving will provide experienced guide to lead the dive.
- Nitrox：Available with additional cost
- 15L Tanks：Available with additional cost
- REBREATHER Dive：Not available at the moment
- Dive Equipment Rental：Available, rate on request
- Dive insurance：Divers must have valid dive insurance
- Water Toys：Canoe, Snorkeling gears, fishing equipment
- Wi-Fi Internet ：Not available at the moment
- Laundry Service：Available with additional cost
- Massage Service：Not available at the moment
- Payment on board：By cash (Euro, USD, IDR)
- Crew Number： Unkown, include 3 - 4 dive guides
Cabins & prices
|Twin Lower Deck||$1,600.00|
|Double Lower Deck||$1,600.00|
|Single Main Deck||$1,760.00|
|Double Upper Deck||$1,760.00|
- Air tanks & weights & weight belts
- Daily housekeeping service
- Land transfer on arrival/depature date
- All meals & complimentary beverages (water & tea & coffee)
- Dive guide service
- Dinner on final evening
- Land tour & Island visit
- Boat accident insurance
- Domestic flights
- Alcoholic beverages (beer or/and wine)
- Soft drinks in bottles and/or cans
- Crew gratuity
- Dive equipment rentals
- Dive insurance
- Travel insurance ( cancellation insurance)
- Fuel surcharge
- Larger tank (15 L)
- Nitrox fills
- Marine park fees/Port fees
|Facilities||Nitrox support, Camera station, Water Toys, Laundry, Fishing gear|