Amba is the first and currently an only liveaboard that operates diving liveaboard trips in the Northern Maldives - Haa Alifu atoll. Run by a professional German team, it can accommodate up to 20 guests.
Amba is a professional wooden dive liveaboard, with 33 meters in length and 10 meters in breadth. Since 2004, it started to offer divers the chance to dive in the far Northern Maldives, and till now, it is still the only boat that operates in Haa Alifu atoll.
Amba build a stabilizer system directly in the hull to prevent swings of the ship at rough sea. With its deep keel and weight, will make the cruise very comfortable and smooth even at the rough sea.
On the main deck, there is the large salon with TV, Stereo, DVD, telephone, board games, library, battery charging station (24 h. 220 Vac Power), bar, covered deck (60 sqm / 645 sq ft), coffee shop, modern Nirosta-kitchen ( 20 sqm / 215 sq ft), storerooms, captain and crew areas.
The upper deck is a perfect place for sunbathing and leisure, with 50sqm in size and equipped with lounge chairs, table and chairs to enjoy the sun and shadow!
Amba also can provide a weekly BBQ night on an uninhabited island during the trip.
In addition, all diving is done from the dive dhoni boat, which provide comfort and function at the same time. All the equipment stay in the dive dhoni (compressors, tanks etc.) in order to keep the noise away from the main boat when filling the tanks.
Amba has 10 spacious guest cabins onboard, it can hosts up to 20 guests per trip :
All cabins are stylishly designed and in a generous size.
All cabins are equipped with: ensuite bathroom, air conditioning, storage srea.
1 Luxury Suite:
Located on the upper deck, with a double bed and an extra size bed, panoramic window views, TV & DVD player, as well as a privat sundeck (20 sqm).
1 Double Bed Cabin:
Located on the upper deck, with a double bed, seaview windows.
1 Double Cabin: Located on the upper deck, with a double bed and a single bed (bunk style), seaview windows.
5 Double Cabins:
Located on lower deck, with a double bed and a single bed alongside, portholes.
2 Twin Bed Cabins:
Located on lower deck, with two single beds, portholes.
17 dives per week, include 1 night, depending on conditions.
Only 2 dives will be provided on the day before departure.
No dive provided on the day of arrival and departure.
All diving will provide experienced guide to lead the dive.
- Nitrox：Available with additional cost
- 15L Tanks：Not available at the moment
- REBREATHER Dive：Not available at the moment
- Dive Equipment Rental：Not available at the moment
- Dive insurance：Divers travelling aboard must have valid dive insurance
- Wi-Fi Internet ：Not available at the moment
- Laundry Service：Not available at the moment
- Massage Service：Not available at the moment
- Payment on board：By cash (USD／Euro)
- Crew Number：13, include 2 dive guides
Cabins & prices
|Standard Lower Deck||$3,439.18|
|Standard Upper Deck||$3,526.41|
- Air tanks & weights & weight belts
- Daily housekeeping service
- Land transfer on arrival/depature date
- All meals & complimentary beverages (water & tea & coffee)
- Dive guide service
- Dinner on final evening
- Land tour & Island visit
- Boat accident insurance
- Domestic flights
- Alcoholic beverages (beer or/and wine)
- Soft drinks in bottles and/or cans
- Dive courses on board
- Crew gratuity
- Dive insurance
- Travel insurance ( cancellation insurance)
- Nitrox fills
|Languages spoken||English, German|