M/Y Seafriend was completed in 2005 and had the first safari in March of 2006. And in 2014, it has been on dock for a fully refurbishment to start again cruising in middle 2015.
M/Y Seafriend measures 42 meters long, 8.8 meters wide. It is built in wood, and was designed with the diver in mind.
There is a spacious air-conditioned indoor salon which has a separate dining and lounge area with bar, sitting corner, TV, DVD/TV/video, music system and other Hi-Fi system.
M/Y Seafriend has a large sun deck along with other 2 outdoor relax areas, all offering both shaded sitting areas and mattresses for sun bathing between the dives.
The chif on board will provide delicious dishes which suits international guests' taste, and special diets catered upon request.
For diving, this boat provides 12L aluminum tanks with both DIN/INT available. 15L tanks also avaliable on request. Nitrox is free for all Nitrox divers.
M/Y Seafriend has 11 guest cabins with 2 different type cabins, can comfortably accommodate 22 guests on board.
All cabins have AC, en-suite bathroom with toilet and hot water shower.
All cabins have bed tables, mirror, cabinet, and cabin facilities.
3 Double Cabins
Located on the upper deck, equipped with a queen size double bed.
8 Twin Bed Cabins
Located on the lower deck, equipped with two single beds.
3 dives per day, depending on conditions and program.
No dive provided on the day of arrival and departure.
All diving will provide expericed guide to lead the dive.
- Nitrox Available：Yes, Free of charge.
- Rental Dive Equipment：Available, rate on request, must book in advance.
- Dive Insurance：All divers must holding vild dive insurance.
- Wi-Fi Internet Available：Available, depending on the signal.
- Payment on board：By cash Only (Euro, USD or local currency).
It is probably all diver's dream to spent several days on the diving boat and cruise from site to site for the most interesting places in the Red Sea.
During several days on boar, the guests can dive from the boat 3 times daily and explore the best sites in the Egyptian Red Sea.
Our basic itinerary for 8D/7N trip are :
Guests arrive in Hurghada.
Transfer by bus from the airport to the harbor in Hurghada or Marsa Ghaleb (210 km), or Hamata (370 km) for the embarkation.
Dinner on board.
DAY 2 - 7
6 days cruise according to the itinerary. 6 days unlimited diving (usually it is possible to make 3 - 4 dives every day).
Usually, the guest will spend the last night on the boat.
Or transfer from boat to Hurghada on land Hotel for the last night (Not often, no extra charge).
Transfer to the airport directly from the boat or from hotel in Hurghada after breakfast.
For your flight information, the approximate duration for transfers between airports and the ports of departure :
- Hurghada airport to Marina Hurghada: 20 min
- Hurghada airport to Marina Marsa Ghaleb: 3 hours
- Hurghada airport to Marina Marsa Alam: 4 hours
- Hurghada airport to Marina Hamata: 6 hours
- Marsa Alam airport to Marina Marsa Ghaleb: 15 min.
- Marsa Alam airport to Marina Marsa Alam : 1 hour
- Marsa Alam airport to Marina Hamata : 3 hours
Before you come on board, please papre the Required documents:
- Certification and logbook.
- Diving insurance and medical evacuation coverage.
- A photocopy of your passport will be necessary to present once onboard.
Schedules & routes
Prices & conditions
- Air tanks & weights & weight belts
- Land transfer on arrival/depature date
- All meals & complimentary beverages (water & tea & coffee)
- Dive guide service
- Nitrox fills
- Marine park fees/Port fees
- Dinner on final evening
- Land tour & Island visit
- Boat accident insurance
- Domestic flights
- Alcoholic beverages (beer or/and wine)
- Soft drinks in bottles and/or cans
- Crew gratuity
- Dive equipment rentals
- Dive insurance
- Travel insurance ( cancellation insurance)
- Larger tank (15 L)
Period : Liveaboards run trips year round, with the high season being from March to November.
Visa's : All visitors to Egypt need an entry Visa to enter Egypt. For many nationalities visa can be purchased on arrival in Cairo or Hurghada for 25 USD. However, please check with the appropriate consulate to ensure you have the proper documentations.
Climat : The climate of the Marsa Alam and Hurghada have a subtropical desert climate with mild warm winters and hot summers.
- Day Temperature: Summer time 33C/ 91F - Winter time 21C/69F
- Night Temperature: Summer time 26C/78F - Winter time 17C/62F
Water : the average Water temps in the summer months you can expect 27°- 29°C/ 80°- 84°F, while in the winter months the temps can drop down to 23C/ 74°F.
Clothing : Dress accordingly to the seasons, light clothes in summer, and warmer clothes for the cooler winters.Please plan to travel light, as on all live-aboard dive yachts, space is limited.
Plugs : Type C electrical plugs (Europe standard) 220V @ 50Hz
Flights : Many international flights arrive directly from Europe and Asia to Hurghada and Sharm El-Sheikh International Airports.
Currency : Local currency is the Egyptian pound (EGP), other currencies can be easily changed at banks or money changers, and international ATM's are available. Credit Cards (Mastercard/ Visa) are widely accepted.